Sunday, November 28, 2010

Swimming Hole Fun - or "Fun", depending on who you ask

The Judd Trail is a quiet walk through a Cook Pine forest.  This picture shows the scenery through the entire walk.  Very peaceful and since the Cook Pines are non-native species, very "un-Hawaiian" feeling.






Just off of the Pali Highway the short, 1-mile loop trail leads to the Jackass Ginger Pool.  Since the trail is a loop the swimming hole can be accessed by a very short walk, but then it is not a reward for completing the trail!

The pretty water hole.

Very little stops A from jumping straight into the water.
(Though he is contractually obligated to test the depth before attempting a jump.)

R says, "There's no way I'm jumping from up here!"

"Maybe if I climb down a little lower and ignore the snickers of those teenage boys. . ."

A: "I missed it!  Do it again!"

A tests out the "water slide".

1 comment:

  1. As we head into winter in the Northeast, fearing Snowpocolypse: The Sequel, I begin to hate your blog, and all that it stands for! ;)

    ReplyDelete